Monday, January 10, 2011

365 Days - Day 9

So this project is proving to be harder than I thought it would be just because my life isn't all that interesting. I'm busy for sure but cool stuff to photograph everyday, not so much.  But I'm committed to doing this so I will continue to bug people by bringing my camera everywhere! Haha.

For Christmas, our budding "Cake Boss" asked for a mini-donut maker and my in-laws kindly obliged.  We busted this out Sunday morning to test it out.  In my infinite wisdom, I made a double batch. The donuts are so tiny and I just figured only one batch wouldn't be enough, there would be fights and chaos, blah blah blah. So double batch it was.  Here was our results:



I ended up just dipping most of them in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar just for ease. There were "recipes" for glazes but I'm not a huge baker and flat out didn't understand what the heck I was supposed to do!

They were pretty good, however I'm not sure if there is any such thing as a bad donut??

No comments: